Thursday, May 28, 2009

Clever Shirt

Today I got up and went down to the local corner store to pick up some milk. 1% Milk. On my way there, I passed a man in his early 40's wearing a green shirt with a pint of beer on it. The phrase "Irish Holy Water" was printed across the front of the shirt. It looked like this:



I got the joke. Irish people are notoriously big drinkers. Ireland also has a strong Catholic history. So it's a play on both of those things - Irish people's holy water is in fact beer. I thought it was funny.

I also thought it was funny that the gentleman wearing the shirt - a man in his early 40's, probably a dad (he looked well groomed, was wearing khaki shorts, and tightly laced athletic shoes) - woke up this morning and said to himself, "I am going to get dressed. What shirt would I like to wear? Oh, I will wear this green T-shirt that says 'Irish Holy Water' and has a pint of Guinness on it. The shirt that I payed money for. Yes, that will be what I will wear today."

Hey loyal readers, if you think that's weird, you know what's weirder? The fact that I'm taking time out of my day to write about this!

What am I doing with my life?

-John :P !!!

No comments: